26 June 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use patterned papers

Last night I made a tag for Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge which is to use patterned papers in your project.


For this project, I was very influenced by the style of the designer projects. Mixed Media was my start in papercrafts, way back before cards, about 10 years ago. Altered books, ATC's, tags, postcards and collages etc., with grunge, distressing and THAT first Distress Ink pad, was it Walnut stain?
What fun I had last night, reliving those early years, when every edge was inked!
For my tag, Tim Holtz's man lost his umbrella in a gust of wind. LOL I just had this overwhelming desire to cut his umbrella free from his hand.

See what you think..............



Stamps - Tim Holtz Visual Artistry 'Life's Possibilities' and 'The Journey'
 Paper - is an old Basic grey paper called Vagabond. I T is still one of my favorite papers.(shown)


I hope you are having a great weekend.

3 comments:

Karren said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Karen! I just love all the little details you've added and the flying umbrella is so clever!

Anna-Karin said...

This is so pretty! The Basic Grey Vagabond series is one of my all time favourite papers too. And my first Distress Ink pad was definitely Walnut Stain. This tag is gorgeous. What a brilliant idea to let the umbrella fly away! Beautiful layers. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh! Your altered paper background is truly stunning! This tag is the coolest of the cool - well done! Biggest congrats on your SSS spotlight!