06 May 2016

ABC Christmas Card Challenge - I for Ink

I am joining the ABC Christmas Card Challenge today. The theme is.... I for Ink. Until recently, I only had one cute Christmas Stamp and it is very old. The cutest kitten, it is still a favorite. You can see a card using this stamp Here.
I thought I should have a new set, so I ordered MFT's Christmas Cuteness. It has lots of wonderful characters, two snowmen, two reindeer, one Father Christmas, a lovely Christmas tree and about three sentiments.

Here is my card.




The blue background is a DP, it made the perfect backdrop. After embossing a piece of card, I freehand cut the rolling snow hills with a rotary cutter.( being a quilter comes in handy sometimes)
I edged them in a bit of ink to define the edge a little more. I stamped and coloured the trees, FC (a little Stickles here and there) and the wee reindeer. Once the reindeer was coloured....I lopped off his head!! I thought he looked cute carrying the sentiment. He is a bit taller with his head off but I think he looks OK. The top of the card looked a little odd, empty, so I added a cloud. This seemed to help contain the wee scene.

That's it for now.
Hope you have had a productive and happy week.
As always, thank you for dropping by.




1 comment:

Dorte said...

Super cute Christmas card! I love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. We hope to see you again!
Dorte x