17 April 2014

The Card Concept Challenge #8 - Use an umbrella on your card

Hello everyone :-) My goodness, the Card Concept gallery was seriously overflowing with gorgeous butterfly cards for the last challenge, and I had to pick one!! I wanted to pick so many...............hmmmmm!
I wonder if umbrellas will be as popular. Join us for this Card Concept Challenge and put an umbrella on your card.



 I didn't have an umbrella stamp, so off to the net I went, looking for an umbrella for the Silhouette. I found one here. The base is cut in white. The three sections are cut in white, coloured with Versamagic then overlaid on the base. The Stitched rectangle and Scallop border are from Lil'Inker, the clouds from My Creative Time and the sentiment from Hero Arts. Clouds are coloured with Versamagic. Sentiment is Versafine. The grey and white strip is paper pieced on Double sided sticky Jac paper. I thought this suggested curtains of rain disappearing as the sunshine made its way toward the recipient!! OK, may be overdoing it there!! :-) Anyway, take a look..............












If you are stuck for inspiration check out this Pinterest search, who knew whole boards would be dedicated to umbrella cards!!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Catch you in a few weeks.



I hope USA and Canada have dry feet now after your hard Winter. After a long dry Summer here (New Zealand), with just the odd 10 minute shower, we now have torrential rain and gale force
winds, yuk!




4 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous in blue :)

Bonnie said...

Sounds like an umbrella was an apt challenge for you today with your storm! Stay safe. Love your blue umbrella and the cloudy sky.

Kay Miller said...

OH my goodness, sorry about the crazy weather you're having. I guess an umbrella card was most appropriate! I love your card! The blues are so pretty! I was in the same boat, not having any umbrella stamps and had to use my Cameo too!

Diane said...

What a darling card design Karen and fun details.

Hugs Diane