15 April 2014

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #104 - Use the the colours Slate, Kraft and White or Cream on your Christmas card.

It is my turn to challenge our wonderful cardmakers on Merry Monday this week. I have gone for non-traditional colours, but perhaps not so non-traditional for our Scandinavian friends. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.



 For my card I have used, Basic linen textured Bazzill for the base card, Kraft from PTI, spots from MME, and a metallic blue/grey, embossed white and a  PTI kraft for the banners. The Lil'Inker stitched square is Neenah white, the trees are Dies and Stamps from PTI. The card is finished with silver ribbon, rhinestones and enamel dots.



 See what the design team have created to inspire you by going to the challenge site (link above) or by clicking on the links below.                      
 Karen Davis (you're here)
This month's featured designer is Jennifer Timko

 Thanks for dropping by.

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Such beautiful colors you chose this week, Karen! I love the non traditional colors and it also helps to challenge us! LOL Your card is beautiful with those pretty diecut trees and yummy silver ribbon! The rhinestones & enamel dots are wonderful additions too! Have a great week! :)

Joni Andaya said...

So Lovely Karen! The soft and muted colors are so Pretty :)

Just Me said...

love your card...those trees are so neat. Love the colors you used.

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I am so sorry that I didn't use Kraft on my card :( I thought I could use either/or....and I realized when I was blogging it that I should have used both LOL...Very pretty combo - thanks again girl...have a super week :)

Notes by Nina said...

Love these colours Karen and your card is fantastic. This layout is wonderful and all the layers are fabulous. Have a great week.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love all the layers and textures!!

Deanne :)

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Karen! Thank you for the challenge! I really wanted to add some red on my card but I didn't. ;) Have a great week and a very Happy Easter!

Darnell said...

Yummo, simply gorge, Karen!! What a unique and stunning color combo you have in your challenge! With Easter prep and company, I'm not sure I'll get a chance to play, but I am bookmarking this challenge for the fab card inspirations!! Have a great week and a Happy Easter if I don't get by again before then! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I wasn't sure about these colors at first, Karen, but as my card came together, I loved them! Thanks for an awesome challenge! And I LOVE what you did with it! Love those trees!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Ooh, Karen, love your design! The felt trees are a wonderful touch!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet soft design Karen, I like the felt trees and the stamped tree image with the beautiful ribbon. Great challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Felt trees! How wonderful! The card design is very nice, lots of things to look at and they all work so well together.

Katie Melhus said...

WOWEE another stunner! Karen I am running out of ways to oooh and aaaah and fawn over your cards, lol! Tone it down! Just kidding, keep bringing your amazing cards, I love them :)

Karren said...

Fabulous card, Karen and a great challenge! Love your trio of trees and the various shades of grey you used. Hope you're staying dry and warm - it's gonna be a miserable Easter weekend weather-wise! Good news is that it's great crafting weather :)

Kay Miller said...

Your card is just lovely Karen! I would never have thought to use these colors for a tree, but it works beautifully!!

Nancy Thomas said...

I really like the trio of trees - such a serene looking card. Beautiful.