18 March 2014

CASE Study Challenge #182 - Casing Joni again

Hi! Today I am playing along with another Case Study Challenge. I loved Joni's gorgeous background technique and the colours she used for her card.

 I have stayed with the same colours Joni used on her card. The technique I have used to apply the ink can be found on this card by Maria Fisher (Reislingmama). I spread Distress stains on an acrylic block then stamped them on the card. It took a few goes to get a print I liked. Some I sprayed with water, this one was unsprayed. I decided it just needed a few stars and a bold sentiment. One part stamped, the other off the Silhouette.




Off to cook dinner.
Thanks for dropping in.

6 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Wow!!! What a great execution Karen...so love this take :)

Maureen Merritt said...

I love how you took the colorful Muse card and turned it into CAS perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Jo said...

Brilliant card! I love the inky background and the sentiment is fab!

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! This is an amazing card Karen! I love the technique you used to add the ink and the black sentiment just pops!

Bonnie said...

You have captured Joni's love for bold colors! What a wonderful way to say hello!

maria f. said...

Wow. Just perusing your beautiful creations and lookee here - a shout out. Thanks so much, Karen. (I think there is a way to know if people link to you, I just don't know how to do it.) Doesn't it make you feel like a real artist when you play with Distress Inks and water?!?!?