11 May 2013

Paper Players #144:Mother's Day Theme from Anne Marie

It is pouring with rain here in Auckland, New Zealand. Winter is setting in, and as temperatures get colder, our cat Pinty seeks out any source of heat. Last night, after months of sleeping in her basket, she decided under the covers with us was the place to be. I don't mind her being there, but with her contented purring, and my husband's snoring it was all a bit much. I found myself thinking of stamps and ink. I eventually fell asleep with this card partially formed in my mind.






       
 
To Make the card, I first stamped the flowers in two soft blues, on the left hand side of the card, using the two small flower stamps from the Hero Arts Layered Flowers Set (CL496).
I then attached a strip of fine striped Black and white paper over the edge of the stamping.
The tag is cut from a soft blue DP using a MFT tag die.
The flowers are stamped and embossed using the same flower stamps used on the side of the card.
The 'mom' (in New Zealand we would say 'mum') was cut in Bazzill using the MFT High-rise alphabet die. I lightly brushed a darker ink over the letters so the Bazzill colour showed through.
I stamped 'You're Special' using a stamp from a Hero Arts sentiment set, Find Joy (CL407)
I punched a hole in the tag and tied a piece of twine in a bow.
The tag is mounted on the card with foam squares.
I finished with a few pearls.
I love the soft colours on the card.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you called by adding a comment.
 

 

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the blues.

Vicki Hodgman said...

Such a soft and pretty card. I love your monochromatic (that's a big word!) theme with the blues. It is just lovely. Vx

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, Karen, this is so pretty! I love the monochromatic color scheme, the tag, the pearls, pretty much everything! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us at The Paper Players!