16 May 2013

Etched Flowers - Something pretty

Some stamping days are spent exploring new stamps without a particular end need in mind.
Yesterday I spent time stamping with my new Hero Arts Etched Flowers (CG430).
This card was the outcome.

 


Stamping the black outline was a breeze, but colouring the flowers was another story.
I made several attempts before I settled on using Distress inks as water colour for the base, then strengthening up the dark areas with Distress markers.
I wanted to leave some of the white to show through so the flowers sparkle.
I think I need Copics!! What do you think?
I wanted to arrange the flowers myself so I cut them apart.

I also stamped the two papers used on the card.
Using Distress ink, I stamped Hero Arts Classic Fabric Design (CG245) Shabby Shutters on pale green card and Hero Arts Swiss Dots (CG139) with Mustard Seed on White card.
They looked a bit strong so once they were dry I washed over them both with white Distress Stain.
This product is amazing, it knocks back the colour in a very gentle and even way.

I added stitching, pearls and some twine to embellish.

Off to do some work.
Until next time.

No comments: