10 April 2013

The Play Date Cafe {Au} Natural with Jenni Bowlin Studio 176

This is my first Challenge with The Play Date Cafe. I loved the image colors.
I decided on a coffee theme and a slightly Shabby approach.
I don't have a coffee cup die so came up with a way of making a cup and saucer using Oval Spellbinders dies.

 
This is my take on the challenge.

 
 
 

I used Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 to apply the linen to the card.
For those who don't know the product, it is a heat fusible, glue web used to attach applique to fabric. It works wonderfully on paper too.
Just apply a piece slightly bigger than you need to the back of the fabric with a brief press with an iron. Cut out your shape, remove the paper, and iron it on to the card.


The cup and saucer




Thanks for dropping in!
Blessings...................

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I'm loving all the texture that the fabric & trim gives, and that teacup is just gorgeous!!

Donna B. said...

Super cute card! Love the design! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.